Strong market position in goat’s and sheep’s milk products
Emmi increases its stake in Dutch company AVH dairy trade B.V.
Lucerne, 2 July 2018 – Emmi has held a stake in the goat’s and sheep’s milk product trader AVH dairy trade B.V. (AVH), based in Bergen, the Netherlands, since 1 January 2013. Now, Emmi is increasing its stake from 75 % to 90 %.
Goat’s milk products occupy an increasingly important niche in Emmi’s product portfolio. This is one of the reasons why Emmi is increasing its stake in AVH dairy trade B.V. from 75 % to 90 %. The remaining 10 % will continue to be held by the founder of AVH.
Emmi has been a stakeholder in AVH since January 2013. The company, based in Bergen in the Netherlands, is a leading international trader of goat’s and sheep’s milk products, in particular cheese, milk powder and protein concentrates. AVH’s sales markets are the EU, the US and Asia.
A subsidiary of Emmi Benelux B.V., AVH generated sales of around EUR 35 million in 2017. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.